Free lotteries - Some are legitimate, some are not
It is illegal for US Citizens
to enter foreign lotteries:
US Citizens and International Lotteries:
It is illegal for US Citizens to enter foreign lotteries
Federal Statute: Racketeering
US Code Title 18, Part I, Chapter 95
TITLE 18 -
CRIMES AND CRIMINAL PROCEDURE
Sec. 1953. Interstate transportation of wagering paraphernalia
(a) Whoever, except a common carrier in the usual course of its business, knowingly carries or sends in interstate or foreign commerce any record, paraphernalia, ticket, certificate, bills, slip, token, paper, writing, or other device used, or to be used, or adapted, devised, or designed for use in
(a) bookmaking; or
(b) wagering pools with respect to a sporting event; or
(c) in a numbers, policy, bolita, or similar game
shall be fined under this title or imprisoned for not more than five years or both.
(b) This section shall not apply to
(1) parimutuel betting equipment, parimutuel tickets where legally acquired, or parimutuel materials used or designed for use at racetracks or other sporting events in connection with which betting is legal under applicable State law, or
(2) the transportation of betting materials to be used in the placing of bets or wagers on a sporting event into a State in which such betting is legal under the statutes of that State, or
(4) equipment, tickets, or materials used or designed for use within a State in a lottery conducted by that State acting under authority of State law, or
(5) the transportation in foreign commerce to a destination in a foreign country of equipment, tickets, or materials designed to be used within that foreign country in a lottery which is authorized by the laws of that foreign country.
(c) Nothing contained in this section shall create immunity from criminal prosecution under any laws of any State, Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, territory, possession, or the District of Columbia.
(d) For the purposes of this section
(1) ''State'' means a State of the United States, the District of Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, or any territory or possession of the United States; and
(2) ''foreign country'' means any empire, country, dominion, colony, or protectorate, or any subdivision thereof (other than the United States, its territories or possessions).
(e) For the purposes of this section ''lottery'' means the pooling of proceeds derived from the sale of tickets or chances and allotting those proceeds or parts thereof by chance to one or more chance takers or ticket purchasers. ''Lottery'' does not include the placing or accepting of bets or wagers on sporting events or contests.
We are not attorneys and don't pretend to be. In our experience, the information and guidance offered on this site have proven to be effective; however, we always recommend that you consult with an attorney.
If you have doubts about Fraud Aid, Inc. do not hesitate to contact federal (FBI, Secret Service, RCMP) Scotland Yard, or local law enforcement to check us out.
Information provided about lotteries and lottery scam: Fraud Aid, Inc. is not affiliated with any pay-to-play or free online lottery or Sweepstakes games and derives no income from any pay-to-play or free online lotteries or Sweepstakes or any of their participating sponsors with the possible exception of a sponsor's independent advertising unassociated with any drawings promotion; nor does Fraud Aid promote or sponsor any lotteries or Sweepstakes or numbers drawing of any kind.
Copyright ©2000-2011 Fraud Aid, Inc. - All Rights Reserved